Modern virtual casinos offer a variety of roulette types, including single and double 0 sector on the table, with multiple wheels and even balls in the game. All these characteristics affect the player’s chances of winning, so the choice of roulette version should be approached responsibly. We have prepared basic information regarding double zero roulette odds and a list of the best casinos in this category.
24/7 player support
Decent welcome bonus
97% return to player
Weekly free spins
Excellent game variety
Licensed in Malta
Fast withdrawal times
A great slot selection
An advantageous loyalty program
Smooth mobile experience
3,000+ unique games
Great variety of payment options
Large deposit limit
Double Zero Roulette Wheel
As the name itself says, the roulette double zero wheel in the American version of the game consists of 38 sectors, unlike the standard European version. Visually, these sectors look like 0 and 00 and are coloured green. Numbers from 1 to 36 are alternately coloured black and red. This variant of the game is more popular in the USA, but Canadian gamblers also prefer it from time to time.
This feature of American roulette results in double zero roulette wheel payouts. Unlike players, sector 00 benefits the casino administration, increasing their advantage. Therefore, lower betting limits are often found in this version of roulette.
When it comes to choosing bets, there are various options available to players. The field for rates usually has two parts: internal and external. We will talk about them in more detail below.
Betting Options in Roulette with Double Zero
Except for a few differences, in this version of the game, all betting options converge with other versions of Internet roulette. As we have already said, all types of bets are divided into internal and external. The first category includes bets on a single number, small groups of numbers and adjacent numbers on the table. The second option involves placing bets on large sets of numbers at once.
- Straight-up. It is a bet on any available numbers, including sectors 0 and 00. Payouts, in this case, are 35 to 1.
- Line. The player bets on two rows of numbers, including six numbers. If you win, the payout ratio is 5 to 1.
- Split. This is a bet on a line of numbers between two units, including sectors 0 and 00. Payment is made at a ratio of 17 to 1.
- Corner. Here the player bets on a group of four numbers. In case of a win, the player receives a payout of 8 to 1.
- Street. It is a bet on one line of three numbers. The player receives a payout with a coefficient of 11 to 1.
- Five bet. This bet includes five numbers, namely 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. The payout is 6 to 1.
- Colour. The bet involves choosing the sector’s colour on which the ball will land black or red. The bet is paid with a coefficient of 1:1.
- Even or odd. The player bets either on an even or an odd number. If you win, the payout is 1 to 1.
- Column. This is a bet on a whole column of numbers, paid out with a coefficient of 2:1.
- Dozen. This option involves placing a bet on one of the three columns consisting of 12 numbers. The player receives a payout of 2 to 1.
- High or low. By choosing this bet, the player tries to predict: the number that will fall out will be from the 1-18 or 19-36 group of numbers. The payout, in this case, is 1 to 1.
Understanding Betting Types
Basic knowledge of betting options allows the player to develop their own strategy and evaluate the chances of winning since the betting odds differ. For example, if a gambler bets on one of the outside bets and the ball lands on sector 0 or 00, they get half of the initial bet, and so on.
House Edge in Double 0 Roulette Wheel
In terms of theoretical odds of winning, a roulette with two sectors of 0 has a house edge of 5.26%. What does it mean? For every 100 Canadian dollars wagered, a gambler can receive 94.74 Canadian dollars in the long run if luck favours them, of course. Do not forget that this is just a theoretical indicator, 100% does not guarantee such results with every game.
This indicator gives players a basic understanding of what the outcome might be if they win. However, it should be understood that both the advantage of the casino and, theoretically the chances of winning depend on the bet choice.
As you already understand, the presence of an additional sector with 00 zeros on the wheel of the American version of the game reduces the chances of players, increasing the advantage of the casino. Therefore, the roulette double zero payout table will be different here.
Single Zero vs Double Zero Roulette
Unlike the roulette wheel double zero, the European roulette wheel includes 37 sectors: 1–36 and one sector with a green zero. In this case, the house edge with a payout ratio of 35 to 1 is 2.70%. At the same time, roulette double zero odds offer payouts with a 38 to 1 ratio and a 5.26% advantage. That is why many gamblers prefer the European version of the game.
How to Increase Your Chances?
Here the answer is obvious: if possible, you should always choose a version with one sector 0. But for those who like to experiment, there are a couple of recommendations. When playing American roulette double zero, you should stay away from the First Five bet, which covers the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3.
How much does double zero pay in roulette?
The double zero roulette payout ratio is 35 to 1. However, this indicator also depends on the chosen bet.
What is the double zero in roulette?
The second name of this game is American roulette. Its difference from other varieties lies precisely in this additional sector with 00 green. Since sectors 0 and 00 cancel bets, the presence of another does not play into visitors’ hands to virtual casinos.
What is the payout for 0 or 00 in roulette?
A bet on one of the available numbers usually has a payout of 35 to 1. It also applies to sectors 0 and 00. You should get acquainted with the payouts on the website of a particular operator in more detail.
Why do some roulette wheels have double zero?
This is a feature of the game in the American version. If the European counterpart has one sector, 0, we see two here. Even though the first option is more popular among gamblers, virtual casinos also offer double zero roulette tables for a change. Moreover, this type of roulette has a higher house edge.
What is the difference between single and double zero roulette?
In the first option, one sector is 0, so the house edge is 2.7%. In the second version, there are two sectors from 0, so the advantage of the casino increases to 5.26%.